My DIY Craft Projects


Hey, it’s a fact that I just love to knit! It has been one of the best things to happen to me over the years! I can definitely call myself a good knitter now, but when I started off, I was every bit of a rookie that one could be!
Like many of the novice knitters, my initial craft projects were also a little messy, but still something which you are sure to be proud of once you are done with it. I still recollect my first initiative which was a scarf which I made with a very basic garter stitch, which enabled me to finish it with ease. Nevertheless it was a great sense of achievement for me and with the accolades coming from even my mother in law (who considers herself as a master Knitter), I fell deeper in love with this wonderful craft and emboldened me to move beyond my comfort zone and actually knit something useful.
Once I had mastered the knitting basics, it was time to move on to something which would be a little more complicated. I moved on from knitting squares and graduated to create decent scarves. These were an instant hit and a very popular gift amongst my immediate family members. Come winter and I was busy getting praises for the multi coloured ribbed hat I created for my daughter!
One of the most important aspects of me being reasonably good with my craft, was that during the initial years of my journey as a knitter itself I realized the importance of storing my knitting needles, yarns and other accessories effectively. 
Knitters and crafters very often have this habit of temporarily abandoning a project to start a fresh one leading to a lot of unfinished projects over time. Storing up these projects safely along with the required colours of yarn (sometimes it’s difficult to get same shade of yarn later) is critical. A well-planned craftstorage solution is essential!
You don’t want to be spending more time untangling your stored bundles of yarn when you need them most! Besides with the kind of brilliant patterns available these days to choose from the yarn scraps from your earlier projects are very precious stuff!
Over the years I have sampled many storing options readily available in the market for my knitting accessories. But a couple of my initial purchases from the house of Yaazii at one of the exhibitions of California Road Show were a blessing for me and I have stuck with them ever since. Below are few of their bestsellers which I swear by!
Yazzii Craft Box - Fabric Top

This is a perfect storage box, offering plenty of space for your craft accessories. It’s separated into two compartments. The first one has 4 detached pockets of different sizes to organize your scissors, pins, needles, buttons, tape measures etc. The second compartment is perfect foe larger items, fabrics etc. The Yazzi Craft Box has a plastic see-through zippered cover that secures the box.
Petite Double Organiser
This organizer is a petite version of the Deluxe Double Organizer. This Organizer is conveniently divided into 2 sections. Upper section has 1 fabric pocket and box like area to store smaller accessories. The lower section has 4 sleeves offering 6 pockets in total (5 see-through pockets)
Knitting Needle Case
This quilted “roll” style organizer has 12 pockets for larger needles and 8 for shorter needles and crochet hooks. The bag also has additional see-through pockets for circular needles or other accessories. The larger needles are protected with a fabric flap. It has three-way fold with the Velcro closure.Next time you think of buying a craft organizer think through carefully and analyse your needs before making a purchase. Go for reliable multifunctional products that will last for long and give you value for money and keep your loved items safe….

Comments

Popular Posts